27 August 2009

grateful

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This summer has been a summer of heat and growth. Hours spent on our porch couches, too many ciggarettes smoked, books read, books started and not finished, new movies, eating steamed veggies every single day, lots of coffee, lots of water, lots of sun, girl talk galore, downsizing to a small purse, letting my hair get ratted with the windows down on the freeway (and not caring) (this is a big deal for me) (pathetic, yes), trying to be more compassionate, making lists, crossing things off, procrastinating, singalongs, l.a. trips, new friends, more new friends, late nights, our 12 foot tall sunflowers, processing, coping, making more lists. I am so thankful for a houseful of friends that are all apart of my journey, that are helping shape how I learn to live and love human beings, that all have beautiful and different angles of thought and perspective. I am thankful that I was able to push through a hump of self-deprecation and sadness. I am thankful that I have passion to be a whole person mind, body, and soul, and feel motivation to make things happen. This summer my extended family has expanded. growth, love, companionship, tears, aloneness, laughter... This summer was really fucking hard. This summer was full of a lot of pain, but also full of alot of joy and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment